Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Faux Denim




This card I sent to my Hotel Roomie at the VC Rocks Hotel, Karen Sullivan. I used the Looks Like Spring and Wonderful Words stamp sets. I took bordering blue card stock and swiped my night of navy ink pad over it until I liked how it looked. Then embossed friendship with white EP. I used Rose Red and So Saffron c/s to punch out the little flowers and attached them using white eyelets (my favorite embellishment!). The large flower was stamped with Rose Red ink and then cut out. I really liked how this card turned out. I also made bookmarks using this technique for the book mark swap (see below). The scan I have is of the proto type for this and not the actual one I swapped. On the swap ones, I didn't trim off the corners of the square that were hanging over the edge. I liked it better that way. I added the ribbons later too. I used all the same colors of ink and cardstock and added the sentiments using a stamp from Natural Beauty. These were a lot of work to make, but I had fun using this technique which was a new one for me.






No comments: