Thursday, July 31, 2008

Rubberband Brayer Card

OK, the brayer - not a tool that I use much. So, I thought this would be a great class for my dd and I to take together. Well, I was right! Thanks to Kimm for giving me a great review of techniques I had forgotten about and for introducing some that I had never tried. Well, dd had some friends over and they were busy, so she missed the class. She did say she would like to try a card like this one later though. To do the background on this card, I sponged white c/s with Ballet Blue and Mint Melody - lightly. Then I stamped my images. Made masks for the images using my two-way glue pen so that they would stick and still be removable. Then I wrapped my rubber brayer with rubber bands. Inked the rubber banded brayer with Tempting Turquoise ink and rolled it over the c/s. To finish off the images, I added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the fish. Then mounted the stamped piece on coordinating c/s. What a fun technique! Another variation for this card would have been to skip the masking and cut the fish images out and mount them on the card using pop dots to really make them stand out.

No comments: