Thursday, July 31, 2008

Shimmering Shapes

The top card is mine and the bottom one is my daughter, Kaitlin's. We took the VC Shimmer Shapes class together. Thanks Michelle we had a good time and learned a new technique too. How much better could our day get! :) We took shimmery c/s (I didn't have any SU, so bought some similar at the craft store) and then took punched shapes - the circles - and swiped dye ink around the edges. We both used 3 differnet colors, but we could have used just one or two. After removing the cirles we stamped our images over top of the circles. Then I added yellow glitter to give mine a little glitz. Kaitlin skipped the glitter on hers. Then we mounted them on coordinating c/s. The only thing I think I would have done differently on mine is perhaps embossing the main flower image to make it stand out a little more. A fun technique and a nice whimsical card.

No comments: