Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Vellum Boquets


This card turned out much better than I expected! The Vellum Boquets class during VC was taught by Skye DeWeez. I die cut the vellum circles out using my sizzix. I had a really hard time finding a glue that would hold the vellum circles in a cone shape, so to fix that I fired up my glue gun. It held them together perfectly and quickly. I will admit I am a little impatient and don't like to wait for things like glue, ink and paint to dry. I then hot glued them into a boquet shape on perfect plum c/s and added a ribbon to the bottom. The vellum was a shimmery white and a pink - not sure who makes either as they were also something from my stash. I'm not even sure any more what project I originally bought them for. :) then I stamped the flower which is from DD Toile Blossoms on pale plum and attached that to a piece of pretty in pink c/s. I embossed the thank you, which is from Wonderful Words, with pink EP. I don't think I will be able to send this through the mail, unless I send it in a box, but it would be nice to stick in a gift bag.
Watch for more projects that I complete during VC. This is the time that I stamp, stamp, and stamp some more. The VC classes are not only fun, but also give me a spark of creativity.

No comments: